Welcome Class of 2023!
My name is Erin Replogle. This is my 5th year at WCHS as the school counselor for 9th grade students. I spent 5 years as an elementary school counselor in White County at BonDeCroft Elementary and Cassville Elementary schools. My role as a school counselor is to assist students with their academic, career, and social/emotional needs to help ensure everyone has a successful school year.
Focus on Freshmen
- Your FRESHMAN year is a time for NEW BEGINNINGS!
- This is an opportunity for you to experience and accomplish many things.
- Develop and maintain new friendships.
- Get involved: join a new club or sport.
- Start and maintain a high GPA, because all grades count!
- It's never too early to start planning for life after high school.
Ways to Start Getting College-Ready in 9th Grade
- Get to know your school counselor: you can come by my office in the Freshman Academy or email me at email@example.com
- Keep your grades up--all grades NOW count towards your GPA.
- Talk to your teachers and counselor about honors-level courses available.
- Be mindful of choosing classes geared towards future career choices.
- Create a resume and keep it updated with awards and honors, activities, and volunteer work. You will need this type of information for college and scholarship applications.
Tips for High School
- Make a good impression (work hard, be on time, attend school regularly).
- Meet with your counselor.
- Communicate with your teachers.
- Manage time wisely.
- Maintain good grades.
- Be organized.
- Get involved in academic and extracurricular activies.
- Create a high school resume.
- Research college majors and career options (www.planningyourdreams.org)
- Sign up for the eCampusTours e-newsletter for helpful college planning articles (www.eCampusTours.com)