Advise TN-College Advisor
Class of 2020-Upcoming Deadlines/Dates:
- Throughout Fall 2019/Spring 2020 Semesters, & Summer after Graduation: One-on-One meetings & College Check-ins for all Seniors
- Spring Semester:
- College Email/Portal Set-up Workshops: Tuesdays/Thursdays: See scheduling link to left of screen for available Zoom meeting times.
- College Questions/Assistance Workshops: Assistance with any college issues/items, financial aid & FAFSA verification requirements, etc.
- Monday-Friday: See scheduling link to left of screen for available Zoom meeting times.
TN Achieves/TN Promise Deadlines:
- TN Achieves MANDATORY Webinar:
- Follow the link listed below to TN Achieves website to log in a watch required webinar that takes the place of the previously scheduled mandatory meeting. Students must log in and watch this webinar by or before May 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM CT to remain eligible for the TN Promise scholarship.
- TN Achieves/TN Promise Mandatory Webinar Link
- TN Achieves/TN Promise Community Service Hours:
- TN Achieves has waived the 8 community service hour requirement for the Fall 2020 semester. Any hours already completed/submitted will be applied for the Spring 2021 semester.
Class of 2021-Upcoming Deadlines/Dates:
- Pre-Senior Year Info Form (ongoing through August 2020):
- Sent as a link in your WCHS email.
**See below for videos with more information on various FAFSA steps**
TN Promise/TN Achieve Resources:
- Student & Parent TN Achieves Handbooks available online
*See below for a PDF listing of White County/Sparta Community Service Opportunities.*
College & Career Planning Resources/TN College Info:
- CollegeforTN.org offers a wide range of college & career planning/exploration tools for students & parents/families. Students have accounts created during their 10th grade year; parents/families are welcome to create an account as well. If you do not remember your login information, contact your school counselor or Mrs. Jennifer Spivey.
The Common App Resources:
Financial Aid Packages & Scholarship Resources:
*Local Scholarship applications for Seniors are released each Spring via email/Google Classroom. See any School Counselor or Mrs. Spivey for more information & assistance. *
**See below for several short videos with more detail on the financial aid process & components of award packages.**
ACT/Career Exploration/Personality Tests:
Miscellaneous Helpful Links:
TN Promise/TN Achieves: White County & Sparta (In-Person) Community Service Opportunities List PDF
CO 2021-Online College Visit/Admission Events Information
PDF Listing of online college campus tours/admission events for 4 year/university, 2 year/community colleges, & TCATs
Financial Aid Packages 101-CollegeforTN
Jonathan from TSAC reviews major highlights/components of financial aid award packages.
Overview of Financial Aid Process-Federal Student Aid
This short video details the major components of the financial aid process.
How to Fill Out the FAFSA-Federal Student Aid
This short video details the steps involved with completing the FAFSA.
After the FAFSA-Federal Student Aid
This short video details the steps/things that occur after submitting the FAFSA.
TCAT Financial Aid Process
This short video details the steps for obtaining financial aid for TCAT-bound students.
Community College Financial Aid Process
This short video details the steps for obtaining financial aid for Community College-bound students.
Public 4 Year Colleges/Universities Financial Aid Process
This short video details the steps for obtaining financial aid for Public 4 Year colleges/universities-bound students.
Private 4 Year Colleges/Universities Financial Aid Process
This short video details the steps for obtaining financial aid for Private 4 Year colleges/universities-bound students.